Wednesday, January 16, 2013

What am I doing now and the It's a WAHMderful Life Workshop

Now that I have quit my full time job in the university, what am I doing at present?

I am officially a WAHM. A work-at-home mom. So, what am I working on aside from being a mother to Laika and a wife to Saud?

As I have said before, I am now doing writing gigs for my clients' different needs. I am also helping out on the marketing aspect of my family's little business. And, of course, being a professional, I am doing landscape architectural projects again.

Now that I think about it, juggling different jobs, I am busier than when I had an 8-to-5 work. Allow me to say that I am enjoying where I am at present.  

Being new to this territory, the working at home one where I get to do my job even on my pajamas, I still have a lot to learn and a ton of things to look forward to. At times like this, I know I need a support group. Good thing my friend, Lique, owner of Honeybaby, introduced me to Manila WAHMs Group in facebook. There, I get to see how fellow WAHMs like me balance their family life and work life. I am looking forward to meeting some of them face to face.

On that facebook group, I got to know about It's a WAHMderful Life Workshop. I was looking forward to attending the first one last October but then, I have just given birth and I have not resigned from my job then.

Fortunately, another workshop is being organized by Manila Workshops and this time, I was given the opportunity to sign up.


My only dilemma at first was figuring out if I should attend the Virtual Assistant session or the Freelance Writing session. But now that I know my goal for the future, I have decided on attending the writing group.

Have you signed up for this workshop? Hope to see you there!

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to meeting you at the workshop :) I'm joining the writing group too!

    xo Patty
    http://mrspcuyugan.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Thanks for registering, Talia! It will be great to see you all there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really interesting! I'm looking forward to meet fellow moms who work at home too! Will definitely look into this, thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete