Wednesday, January 16, 2013

My Papa's Version of a Fairy Tale

I grew up with seven siblings in our humble abode in Taguig City. As such is the case, I am used to a simple lifestyle.

Living in a two-bedroom bungalow, us five older ones had to share one room while my parents and the younger ones co-sleep in the other room. Every night, while Mama tends to the bunsos, Papa goes in our room and talks to us about our day. Having to take care of eight kids is no joke. How they managed us, I would not know. You can just imagine the riot even during sleeping time. Add to that that there are five girls who love to talk! Because of that, Papa had to think of ways to get us to sleep.

One of his ways is through story-telling. Some kids know Snow White, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty. I got to know them in school. Who I am familiar with is Prophet Adam (as), Prophet Moses (as), Propher Muhammad (saw), and others. Papa introduced them to us at a young age. Now that we have a little Laika, I hope we get to talk to her and to her future siblings about the prophets in the future, too, in shaa Allah (God willing).

No comments:

Post a Comment